According to Coach Green’s Wikipedia page, he’s 6 ft 8 in but he’s so down to earth, you may not feel as though you’re looking up to him. Students line up outside of his office to get his advice and insight. There’s much to appreciate about Coach Green, including his desire to return to college and complete his bachelors degree after his professional career brought him back to the United States after working in Europe. Now teaching and coaching at The Winchendon School, Coach Green will tell you he doesn’t like to lose. See you on the court, Coach!
- Superpower of choice?- This would be mind control!
- Go to comfort food?– Peanut butter and jelly.
- Bucket list?- Buying a Ferrari, cruise in Greece, and going to Alaska!
- Which Winchendon class would you most like to take?– I would love to take miss Johnson’s media class.
Niya Johnson’s experience as a Division 1 athlete made her ideal to join The Winchendon School’s Humanities Department and Athletic Department as an Assistant Coach for the Girls’ Varsity Basketball team. She attended The University of Massachusetts Lowell, where she received her Bachelor’s in English and minored in marketing, before earning her Master’s in Business.
Originally from Brooklyn, NY, Niya was a National Honors Society member all four years of high school and a CHSAA Champion in her freshman season, but don’t let her accolades fool you, she loves to kick back and watch Master Chef and Master Chef Junior.
- What inspires you? My Family
- Go-to comfort food? Homemade Brownies
- Song to start the day? Casio by Jungle
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not working? I love to cook, watch movies, and spend time with my family