When I got to Winchendon, I was a shy young girl with weak English. My teachers at the Winch helped me push hard on my English fluency and provided me a great foundation to thrive at UW. Now, I've earned my masters from Columbia - and I can thank my teachers back in Winchendon who gave me the jump start and pushed me to reach high.
- A curriculum and supports that propelled her for forward.
- Alina accelerated through the curriculum, effectively mastering 5-6 years of English in just four years at Winchendon. Along the way she nailed several AP courses, took up a third language (French), and graduated from TWS with highest honors. While at TWS, Alina traveled to Haiti on a service mission and was Winchendon’s delegate representing Zambia at a Model U.N. conference held at Harvard University.
- After finishing her undergrad degree in just three years at the University of Washington, Alina has graduated from Columbia University completing a masters in Enterprise Risk Management.
- Since graduating from Winchendon, Alina has become the consummate global citizen – hailing from China, living first in Seattle and now in NYC, and traveling wherever and whenever she can.
- And she is keeping up with Winch friends, including Jennifer ‘15, currently finishing her masters degree in Data Science at the University of Rochester, and Mina‘15 and Niuniu ‘15, both of whom are completing masters degrees at NYU.