DISCOVERED HE COULD PURSUE MATH, ART, AND FRENCH AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS - ALL AT THE SAME SCHOOL
Winchendon allowed me to pursue my passions for math and the arts - and to discover French. I made great friends from all over the world and really improved my English. Union College was a great next step.Thanks to my teachers at Winchendon I was well prepared for Union and now for my graduate program at NYU.
Niuniu connected and formed close friendships with students from throughout the US and all over the world.
- A runner. An accomplished artist. A savvy math student. Curious. Friend to all.
- When Niuniu arrived at Winchendon in the summer of 2010 from Jintan, China, (outside Shanghai), he was initially a bit reserved and quiet, but it was quickly clear that he was capable of big things and that he fit in with students from all sorts of backgrounds and with varied interests.
- Despite starting in ESL as a 10th grader, Niuniu powered his way through the humanities curriculum, earning honors grades and higher as he mastered English and Winchendon’s Global Dynamics curriculum. Along the way, he completed several AP courses and became a student of all things French on top of excellence in all of his studies.
- In his senior year, Niuniu was accepted to a number of colleges, and chose to attend the highly selective Union College. In 2019, he graduated from Union with highest honors in his double major in Math and French.
- Niuniu is now in a graduate program at New York University (NYU) in Visual Arts Administration – and working in art management. He is considering pursuing an advanced degree in math/quantitative analysis with an eye on the investment business.