FROM SHY AND HESITANT TO OUTSTANDING LEADER
“I pushed myself further and further than I thought I ever could. I was content previously just being part of a team and getting by, but my ambition sought for more, and I became a stronger and more determined leader and learner than I imagined I would be. ”
Lauren ‘21 came to The Winchendon School a bit shy and hesitant. However, through her time here, she learned to embrace her ambitions and would go on to be a Service Learning Leader, National Honor Society Secretary, performing arts powerhouse, and Student Body Co-President.
- Lauren arrived at the Winch in 9th grade, a good student, but had difficulty breaking out of her shell.
- Upon her arrival, she found a multitude of opportunities to try new things, make new friends, and take on leadership roles. She immediately gravitated towards Student Government and was elected Freshman Class Representative. After that, she was a Class Representative every year and was elected Student Body Co-President for her senior year.
- Lauren also expanded her creative horizons, continuing her work in performing arts. A powerful singer and a skilled actor, she took on bold and confident roles, such as the voice of Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors, which she says helped her get out of her comfort zone.
- Throughout her academic career, she continued to branch out and pursue new leadership positions such as Secretary of the TWS Chapter of the National Honor Society and Service Learning Leader, running tutoring and theater programs for children in the Town of Winchendon.
- She did all of this while taking AP courses graduated Summa Cum Laude.