“Mr. Worrall’s Global Dynamics II class was my favorite, by far. We read books from lots of different cultures. Every book we read has impacted me in some way.” -Danny D. ‘21
- When Danny ‘21 first heard about The Winchendon School, he knew almost nothing about boarding schools. He was drawn to the beautiful campus, but was not sure if he would fit in in a boarding school environment.
- Once Danny arrived on campus, he was surprised by the atmosphere. The students did not isolate themselves and only do their own thing, as he once thought. The Winchendon School is a tight-knit community where everyone works together to help each other reach their goals.
- As Danny continued at the Winch, he took on leadership roles, such as Service Learning leader and dorm proctor, and stepped up to take advantage of every opportunity.
- Danny found an unexpected passion in lacrosse. Having never played before, he learned about the lacrosse team from the lacrosse coach, who encouraged him to give it a go. Taking the advice, he joined the team, and has enjoyed every minute of it.
- Danny’s favorite thing about ColLAB is that you can learn almost anything and learn things you would never learn in your normal classes. For example, in a ColLAB, he learned how to 3D print. ColLAB has helped Danny expand his horizons and explore different areas of interest.
- The biggest lesson that Danny has learned at the Winch is how to be patient. Nothing, whether it be academic or personal, comes easily or comes quickly. Danny says that Winch has helped him appreciate each stage of everything he does. Whether it be learning a sport or implementing an Impact Learning project, it is important to trust the process.