Head of School - MA Campus
Middlebury College, MA; Middlebury, VT
Denison University, BA; Denison, OH
Subject Areas at Winch: Head of School - MA CampusPhone: 978-297-7902
Email: [email protected]
When not found in Ford Hall, head of school and former drama director, actress, singer, and dog lover (Leonbergers are the family dog of choice) might be found on a run or on the road. Prior to joining The Winchendon School, Laurie worked for several prominent boarding and day schools in the mid-Atlantic region. Laurie, husband Tony (Director of College Counseling), and children Bair ’17 and Abby ’19 love a good explore, whether it’s as close the theaters of NYC or as far away as Kenya. The product of an itinerant Air Force upbringing Laurie knows how to be flexible, how to adapt to the cheerful commotion that is life at a boarding school, and how to keep her sense of humor handy.
- Hero: Bilbo Baggins, Viola, or Scout
- Favorite Winchendon tradition: Thanksgiving dinner
- Thoughts on teaching: “Creativity, spontaneity, and innovation matter, particularly in this high tech global learning environment. Also, honor and integrity are the most important qualities that a person can possess, and independent schools model those characteristics in a myriad of ways.”
- Superpower of choice: Fly – I could wear a really cool cape and look over the world and the oceans.
- On the bucket list: Visiting Egypt and Jerusalem
- Go-to comfort food: Spanish tortilla