Where Are They Now: Recent graduates of The Winchendon School have gone on to play at Boston College, Providence College, University of Maine, University of Massachusetts Lowell, The University of Massachusetts Amherst, University of Connecticut, Northeastern University, Quinnipiac University, Niagara University, Babson College, St. Anselm College and many more. Two recent graduates of the classes ’17 and ’18 participated in The 2019 Boston Bruins development camp (read more here). NCAA hockey coaches and NHL scouts are frequently in attendance at The Jason Ritchie ’05 Ice Arena.
- Ben Thomas ‘17 – Endicott College (#7 USCHO D3 Poll)
- Mike Hardman ’17 Boston College (D1 Hockey East)
- Johnny Mulera’17 – UMaine (D1 Hockey East)
- Lillian Bragga ‘12 Boston University ‘16
- Lauren Kelly ‘14 Northeastern ‘18, Boston Pride NWHL
- Stephanie Caban ’19, Franklin Pierce University ‘23
The Head Coach of the Varsity Hockey program is Brian Troy. Coach Troy is in his 7th year at Winchendon and 3rd season as Head Coach. Coach Troy graduated from nearby Cushing Academy. After Cushing, Coach Troy went on to play collegiate hockey at Southern New Hampshire University. In addition to his coaching duties, Brian is a member of our admissions team. He has previously worked as an Assistant Athletic Director before moving to the admissions office.
A standout player at Williston-Northampton School, Laura Dicarlo joined the Admissions team in 2014. It was at Williston where Laura met her mentor, Ms. Talbot Syfu. “She was my coach, advisor, and dorm parent during my high school years and she pushed me every day to be a better version of myself,” Laura says. That push helped Laura became Girls’ Varsity Hockey coach the year after joining TWS. The Massachusetts native played for Hamilton College and headed to Florida before coming “back home” with her dog Bergy, a well-behaved lab/terrier mix, who tries not to miss an opportunity to cheer at Winchendon games.
Jacques Delorme serves as the Director of Hockey. In this role, Mr. Delorme oversees all areas of our boys’ and girls’ ice hockey program. He played collegiately at Providence College.
In the News
- Lillian Bragga ‘12, Boston University ‘16
- Former Central Catholic player committed to UNH: Gendron makes leap to play in Hockey East
- College Commitment Alert: Alumni in College
- Wapiti Complete Weekend Sweep
- Offense Explodes at Home
- Winchendon Victorious Over Proctor
- Winchendon Earns Championship Bid with Second Win Over NMH