Where Are They Now: Recent graduates of The Winchendon School have gone on to play at Boston College, Providence College, University of Maine, University of Massachusetts Lowell, The University of Massachusetts Amherst, University of Connecticut, Northeastern University, Quinnipiac University, Niagara University, Babson College, St. Anselm College and many more. Two recent graduates of the classes ’17 and ’18 participated in The 2019 Boston Bruins development camp (read more here). NCAA hockey coaches and NHL scouts are frequently in attendance at The Jason Ritchie ’05 Ice Arena.
- Ben Thomas ‘17 – Endicott College (#7 USCHO D3 Poll)
- Mike Hardman ’17 Boston College (D1 Hockey East), NHL Chicago Blackhawks
- Johnny Mulera’17 – UMaine (D1 Hockey East)
- Lillian Bragga ‘12 Boston University ‘16
- Lauren Kelly ‘14 Northeastern ‘18, Boston Pride NWHL
- Stephanie Caban ’19, Franklin Pierce University ‘23
The Head Coach of the Varsity Hockey program is Brian Troy. Coach Troy is in his 7th year at Winchendon and 3rd season as Head Coach. Coach Troy graduated from nearby Cushing Academy. After Cushing, Coach Troy went on to play collegiate hockey at Southern New Hampshire University. In addition to his coaching duties, Brian is a member of our admissions team. He has previously worked as an Assistant Athletic Director before moving to the admissions office where he is the Assistant Director of Admissions.
Jeff Pellegrini will arrive at The Winchendon School from Shattuck-St. Mary’s where he has been coaching since the fall of 2018. Previously, Pellegrini racked up 15 years of NCAA Division I and Division III collegiate coaching experience. His experience includes six years coaching women’s hockey at Northeastern University and guiding the Huskies to the program’s first-ever Hockey East Championship (2018). His experience developing players means he will not just take the reins of the varsity girls program, but he will also help drive broad program development, including recruiting and development of all players across The Winchendon School’s teams. He will also be responsible for guiding the mentorship of our hockey coaches. With Jeff, we expect The Winchendon School’s programs will be consistently ranked among prep school programs, especially for those student-athletes who are seeking both Winchendon’s style of highly personalized and fully immersive learning and the opportunity to play and be recruited at the highest levels.
In the News
- Interviewing the Coach
- Jeff Pellegrini Named as Director of Hockey Development and Head Girls’ Hockey Coach
- Dreams. Realized. Hardman '17 Plays His First Game in a Chicago Uniform.
- Mike Hardman TWS ’17 Joins the NHL: An Alumni Story
- Winchendon v Worcester Academy
- Winchendon hockey draws young hopefuls in search of a season
- Lillian Bragga ‘12, Boston University ‘16
- Former Central Catholic player committed to UNH: Gendron makes leap to play in Hockey East
- College Commitment Alert: Alumni in College
- Wapiti Complete Weekend Sweep
- Offense Explodes at Home
- Winchendon Victorious Over Proctor
- Winchendon Earns Championship Bid with Second Win Over NMH