Where Are They Now? Recent graduates of The Winchendon School have gone on to play at Boston College, Providence College, the University of Maine, University of Massachusetts Lowell, The University of Massachusetts Amherst, University of Connecticut, Northeastern University, Quinnipiac University, University of New Hampshire, Babson College, St. Anselm College and many more. Two recent graduates of the classes ’17 and ’18 participated in The 2019 Boston Bruins development camp (read more here). NCAA hockey coaches and NHL scouts are frequently in attendance at The Jason Ritchie ’05 Ice Arena.
- Ryan Black ’18 – Babson College/UNH Selected as Co-Winner of 21st Joe Concannon Award
- Ben Thomas ‘17 – Endicott College (#7 USCHO D3 Poll)
- Mike Hardman ’17 Boston College (D1 Hockey East), NHL Chicago Blackhawks
- Johnny Mulera’17 – UMaine (D1 Hockey East)
- Lillian Braga ‘12 Boston University ‘16
- Lauren Kelly ‘14 Northeastern ‘18, Boston Pride NWHL
- Stephanie Caban ’19, Franklin Pierce University ‘23
- Cam Gendron ’18 UNH
- Zoe Tow ’22 Johnson and Wales
- Hope Walinski ’21 Providence College
- Sam Rand ’18 Suffolk University
About the Program
Coaching for the boys varsity players is Coach Mike Busconi ’13 who returns to Winchendon to take charge of our top boys team for the ’23-24 season. After graduating from Winchendon, Coach Busconi went on to play at Westfield State and then for three years at Southern New Hampshire University. Coach Busconi has been extensively involved in the New England Hockey as first a player, but then a coach and recruiter. More recently he was part of the coaching team that took one of our peer schools to a championship, has been a member of the coaching staff of the Islanders Hockey Club, and founded and is President of Boston Hockey Club. We are thrilled to have Coach Mike Busconi ’13 returning to Winchendon to take the helm of our Boys Hockey Program.
Jeff Pellegrini arrived at The Winchendon School from Shattuck-St. Mary’s where he has been coaching since the fall of 2018. Previously, Pellegrini racked up 15 years of NCAA Division I and Division III collegiate coaching experience. His experience includes six years coaching women’s hockey at Northeastern University and guiding the Huskies to the program’s first-ever Hockey East Championship (2018). At Winchendon, Coach Pellegrini, both serves as Head Coach of the girls 16U team and oversees all ice hockey operations including recruiting and development of all players across The Winchendon School’s teams. He is also responsible for guiding the mentorship of our hockey coaches. On the girls side, Coach Pellegrini is assisted by Kara Santoro who serves as Head Coach of the Girls 19U program.
In the News
- Girls Hockey Program Moves to Full Season
- Ryan Black '18 - Babson College Selected as Co-Winner of 21st Joe Concannon Award
- Interviewing the Coach
- Jeff Pellegrini Named as Director of Hockey Development and Head Girls’ Hockey Coach
- Dreams. Realized. Hardman '17 Plays His First Game in a Chicago Uniform.
- Mike Hardman TWS ’17 Joins the NHL: An Alumni Story