Summer School Online for 2020
High Contact Virtual Learning.
Don’t let this current pandemic and financial crisis disrupt your high school education – you can come out on top, and have a good time being successful in the classes you don’t necessarily like or in pursuing an independent project or job – for credit!
Just like every other course or program offered by The Winchendon School, these Advantage and Boost classes incorporate the following in order to ensure student success:
- Highly Personalized, “Micro” Virtual Classes – provide for more progress and growth in less time.
- The same multimodal learning practices that make regular session fall and spring classes at Winchendon superior.
- Engaging content and topics that are more interesting to you – and which will make the development of the skills that will be most helpful to you easier.
- Full credit Winch Advantage classes (2-5 students) and AdvantagePlus (1 on 1). These can be to make up a class that you didn’t do as well as you would have liked at or to jump ahead.
- Winch Boost classes for reviewing and previewing courses, skills development and college application preparation.
- Summer Design ColLABs (full and half credits) – you will be able to earn either a full or a half-course credit for a summer project dedicated to an area of study that is related to their passions. This could be an independent study, an internship or volunteer position, an innovation project, an online course, or a certification — the only requirements are that your is a project in a field that you are dedicated to exploring – and that you commit yourself to the endeavor!