Immersive Learning and the Arts
ColLABs also provide an opportunity for students to pursue either a new curiosity or a better-developed passion in the arts on a deeply immersive basis. Recent ColLABs in the arts have ranged from a “three-week theater program” to immersive digital video production workshops to a “dive” into the history of the blues with the associated learning to play the harmonica - with numerous other ColLABs in the arts as well. Where there hasn’t been a faculty-led course offered, students have designed independent projects that have explored architecture, fashion, design, movie-making, learning to play the sax and many other aspects of the fine and performing arts.
The Study Of Music
The Winchendon School’s music program incorporates a wide range of instruments and vocal mediums. Our various ensembles accommodate all sorts of musical passions and skill levels. Musical education is a core part of our academic day and extracurricular activities. All of our ensembles perform many times throughout the course of the school year. Private instrumental or vocal lessons (all levels) are available for an additional fee. Please contact [email protected] for further information.
- Instrumental Ensemble Class: Instrumental Ensemble Class offers students an opportunity to play their musical instruments in an ensemble for class credit. The rehearsal process is focused on producing high-level performances that are musically expressive and technically polished. Students will strengthen their instrumental technique, awareness of pitch, tempo, tone, and other pillars of musicianship.
- Jazz Band: Jazz Band is an extracurricular activity that provides students with an opportunity to take their musicianship, jazz skills and improvisation techniques to the next level. Working in a small group setting, students become familiar with jazz charts, blues scales, and a variety of harmonic centers.
- Ukulele Club: Ukulele is our latest addition to our family of musical ensembles. A casual and fun opportunity for students to engage with music. This is open to all levels and beginners are most welcome.
- Vocal Ensemble Class: Vocal Ensemble Class provides students with an opportunity to participate and perform in a vocal ensemble for class credit. Students prepare and perform a wide range of challenging choral music representing many styles, languages and time periods. The emphasis in rehearsal is placed on the importance of individual contribution. Students will strengthen their vocal technique and enhance their oral and reading skills.
- A capella: Our ACA-Piti Singers are our own acapella choir. This is an extracurricular activity and they rehearse in the afternoons. Our acapella choir covers fun arrangements of popular songs from today and decades have gone by.
- No matching events listed under Arts. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.