Ways to Give and Support The Winchendon School
Ways to Give and Support
Thank you for your interest in supporting Wichendon School’s bright and talented students. As a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization, contributions to Wichendon are tax-deductible to the extent of the law. There are many different ways you can make a gift to the school:
- Matching Gifts: Many companies will match the charitable contributions of their employees. Please inquire with your employer.
- Recurring Gift: A recurring gift allows you to establish ongoing monthly installments that add up to significant support. Once established, you will not receive additional Annual Fund appeals. Every month a gift will be automatically charged to your credit card.
- Life Insurance: Winchendon can be a total or partial beneficiary of an existing whole life insurance policy, or a new policy may be taken out for this purpose.
- Bequests and Testamentary Trusts: Gifts made through your will can be made to Winchendon either through a new document or a codicil to an existing will. You may specify a dollar amount or a piece of personal property, or you may specify a percentage of your total estate. Gifts through bequests may also help reduce federal estate tax liability.
- Charitable Trusts and Life Income Plans: Trust agreements are individually written to accommodate the donor’s wishes. The Advancement Office can help you make a decision regarding these specialized financial plans. However, you are urged to discuss your plans with your attorney and financial advisors.
- Online: Donate with confidence on our secure site. It is easy and convenient to give your Annual Fund gift online. Simply click “Giving” on the menu above.
- Credit Card: Call 978-297-7903 to make your secure and confidential gift through the Office of Advancement. Mastercard and Visa accepted.
- Check: Send a check payable to Winchendon School to:Winchendon School
Attn: Office of Advancement
172 Ash Street
Winchendon, MA 01475
- Wire Transfers: To make your gift via wire transfer, please contact Alex Magay at 978-297-7903 or by email at [email protected] for wire transfer instructions.
- Gifts of Stock or Securities: You may realize substantial tax savings by transferring appreciated stocks to Winchendon prior to their sale. Capital gains on the amount of the appreciation are avoided and you receive a tax deduction for the full market value.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Real estate and property that has realized significant appreciation can also provide significant tax consequences for a donor. If you transfer ownership of a property to Winchendon prior to its sale, you will likely avoid capital gains tax associated with that appreciation.