Are you looking for a school that “gets” you?
Are you curious about the world around you? Or are you passionate about pursuing your potential? If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, The Winchendon School wants to meet you. Above all, we love sharing our transformative community with young, curious adults.
Your teachers are your allies. If there is one thing that can dramatically propel students toward academic success, it is their relationship with their teachers. For instance, our academic environment is designed to foster one-on-one interactions that help students discover and thrive in their learning styles.
Find your passions. Your teachers will give you frequent feedback that can jump start your current and future ambitions. Similarly, our community will provide as many opportunities as possible for you to hone in on your dreams, from excelling in theater to founding a startup, or maybe both!
Learning beyond the classroom. Grab ahold of opportunities to study independently, travel internationally, design businesses, and launch public service programs. Meanwhile, we’ll be right there with you, building your skills and confidence to tackle anything ahead.
Don’t sweat applications, deadlines, and test dates. The right time to find a new high school is now – when you are ready. We are focused on getting to know you – not on papers and test scores. Winchendon’s BetterED process streamlines the entire application process, avoiding much of the paperwork and getting you answers and decisions when you want them.
Let’s start with a conversation. Please feel free to contact any of us in the admissions office (see below) for more information, join one of our open houses, or schedule a visit – and learn how Winchendon can make your high school experience far better and more successful.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
John Toffey, Dean of Enrollment Management & Strategy
Meet the Team
Admissions Leadership Team
Our Guarantee to Our Students and Their Parents
- Ensure that your student is in a safe and productive setting where your teenager can develop and flourish intellectually and emotionally.
- Provide your student with a personalized learning experience in a collaborative and rigorous academic program.
- Know and support your student better – their interests and passions, their strengths and weaknesses – your goals and their goals.
- Create more interesting and meaningful learning experiences, through which your student will develop pr be better able to develop the most relevant skills, habits, and character attributes.
- Deliver the best high school experience possible, which should allow your student to be happier, achieve more, and experience less anxiety.
- Work with your student to develop better options for college, university, and life after high school.
- Partner with you in the support and success of your student.
- Know and support you better – your interests and passions, your strengths and weaknesses, and your goals.
- Provide you with a personalized learning experience in a collaborative and rigorous academic program.
- Deliver the best high school experience possible, making your learning more fun, more impactful, and less stressful.
- Make learning more interesting and meaningful, thereby making it easier for you to achieve much greater success.
- Work with you to develop better options for college, university, and life after high school.
- Ensure that you feel safe and supported so that you can develop and flourish intellectually and emotionally.
It’s Not Too Late To Find The Right School.
Whether you’re looking to enter 9th grade in the fall or transfer as an 11th grader, having a great high school experience and creating new options for college happens here.
Discover our Students and Programs
Where to Next?
We suggest checking out these pages: