University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, MA, 2010
Fitchburg State University, BS, MA, 2005
Humanities, Languages, General Fitness, Weightlifting, Summer E-Project, Gym Proctor Program.
Raman has that something extra that helps her to connect with her ESL students. Her parents immigrated to the United States, so she knows what it is like to bounce between two languages and cultures. An avid athlete Raman happily shares her love of yoga and fitness with Winchendon’s students. Raman, her husband Alex (Alumni Office), and their orange tabby cat, George, live on campus and close enough to the golf course where George likes to hang.
By the way...
- Go to comfort food: Anything my mom cooks!!! Especially Indian food!
- Which Winchendon class or ColLAB would you most like to take: I would most like to take Food Matters. There are several reasons…1. I don’t particularly like to “cook” things that take a long time, and I know that there are very talented cooks teaching this ColLAB. 2. Learning to cook goes hand in hand with my personal goals, which include living a healthy lifestyle and Holistic Health Coaching. 3. I love to eat!
- Song to start your day: Too many songs to choose from, but anything that I can dance to!
- On the bucket list: I would like to live somewhere that I could grow lemon trees in my back yard. Coconuts would do too!
- Globetrotting adventure: China, Taiwan, and Japan to meet the amazing, gracious, and loving parents of many of my students!