Middlebury College, MA, VT, 1994
Denison University, BA, OH, 1988
Associate Head of School.
When not found in Ford Hall, this former drama director, actress, singer, and dog lover (Leonbergers are the family dog of choice) might be found on a run or on the road. Prior to joining The Winchendon School, Laurie worked for several prominent boarding and day schools in the mid-Atlantic region. Laurie, husband Tony (Director of College Counseling), and daughters Sophie and Abby love a good explore, whether it’s as close the theaters of NYC or as far away as Kenya. The product of an itinerant Air Force upbringing Laurie knows how to be flexible, how to adapt to the cheerful commotion that is life at a boarding school, and how to keep her sense of humor handy.
By the way...
- Hero: Bilbo Baggins, Viola, or Scout
- Favorite Winchendon tradition: Thanksgiving dinner
- Thoughts on teaching: “Creativity, spontaneity, and innovation matter, particularly in this high tech global learning environment. Also, honor and integrity are the most important qualities that a person can possess, and independent schools model those characteristics in a myriad of ways.”
- Superpower of choice: Fly – I could wear a really cool cape and look over the world and the oceans.
- On the bucket list: Visiting Egypt and Jerusalem
- Go-to comfort food: Spanish tortilla