Wesleyan University, MALS, CT, 1981
American University, BA, DC, 1973
Humanities, Tennis, Sculpture.
This Jersey girl has a streak of wanderlust, from exploring new places to wandering culturally. Joanna and her husband, Winchendon’s Ottar Draugsvold, enjoy hitting the reset button with extensive travel as well experiencing a potpourri of art, ballet, theater, and music. Joanna finds inspiration in Sir Thomas More’s lesson “that integrity cannot be purchased at any price” and the adventurous spirit of Amelia Earhart.
By the way...
- Thoughts on teaching: Teaching, for me, is the search for that wholeness through the act of questioning. How is Keats’ poem like the Pieta? How are Michelangelo’s sonnets like the dance of “Apollo?”
- Superpower of choice: Fly on the wall: almost invisible but still get to learn from others.
- Go-to comfort food: Home made applesauce with cinnamon
- Favorite Winchendon tradition: Senior Night Dinner
- On the bucket list: Vacation in Cuba
- Song to start the day: “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen