University of Massachusetts Amherst, BS, MA, 2010
Science, Swimming, Intramural Golf.
Not content to just gaze at the mountains Ed is often apt to hiking or rock climbing on his time off. His love of our natural world manifests itself brilliantly in how he engages Winchendon’s students in his biology and chemistry classrooms. Whether it’s exploring PH levels in campus ponds or debating carbon footprint data, his students see and feel those connections between their learning and the real world. Ed and his wife, Winchendon’s Fiona Bryne, recently hiked Jon Muir Trail in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. When it comes to an outdoor adventure Ed is quick to lead the charge – he even led some faculty friends 1000 feet up the face of New Hampshire’s Cannon Mountain.
By the way...
- Superpower of choice: Flying to save on airplane tickets.
- Go-to comfort food: Pie!
- Favorite place and books on hand: White Mountains. How to Build a Log Cabin and Off Grid Utility Systems 101.
- Which Winchendon class or ColLAB would you most like to take: Mr. Karis’ Food Review
- Song to start the day: Wagner, “Ride of the Valkyries”
- Globetrotting adventure: Cambodia