Humboldt State University, MS, CA, 2014
Connecticut College, BA, CT, 2009
Billy is on his second Winchendon rotation after getting his Masters in Energy, Technology, and Policy out west. He is putting that Masters in play and in action as the benevolent dictator of Winchendon’s Sustainability effort. When asked about teaching Billy said, “Working with young people is a treat. They are an amusing and unassuming group who keep me engaged and interested.” When not teaching up and down the science curriculum or leading a food-related field study, you might find Billy climbing Farley Ledge with Winchendon’s Ed Grueter and Sean Duncan or casting flies with fellow faculty member, Ottar Draugsvold, on Millers River.
By the way...
- Superpower of choice: If I get to choose my own superpower, I’ll take being able to simply touch a book, and know its contents.
- Go-to comfort food: Gnocchi, Grandma’s recipe.
- Favorite Winchendon tradition: Winter Carnival is great. I’m a North Country kid, and it reminds me of my childhood.
- Favorite place and books on hand: A fire lookout in the Siskyou Mountains of northern California with a wild flower guide and any Vonnegut
- Which Winchendon class or ColLAB would you most like to take: Fly Fishing